Gastrointestinal Permeability Assays
Our permeability studies use human gastrointestinal (GI) tissues which have a phenotypically accurate balance of drug-metabolizing enzymes and transporters. A typical experiment involves the application of a drug to the apical surface of the tissue, followed by periodic sampling of the Ussing chambers to measure the passage of drugs and any metabolites.
- Between 6-12 biopsies available per donor
- Healthy and diseased (inflammatory bowel disease) tissues can be used
- Three reference control compounds compared to test article
- Provides the closest method to testing your drug in the clinic
- Option to conduct studies in accordance with GLP
Close-up of one of our scientists operating an Ussing chamber in our Glasgow laboratory.