Commercial Manager – Stem Cell Services
Job Title: Commercial Manager – Stem Cell Services
Reports to: Head of Business – Stem Cells
Primary Job Function
Responsible for driving sales and marketing activities for the Company’s stem cell business with primary focus on iPSC service business in designated territory in the USA or other areas appointed separately by Head of Business. Take initiative, be proactive and exercise leadership skills to work with internal and external resources to achieve the revenue for iPSC services as the committed revenue line.
Key Business to Cover
- Induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) suitable for clinical and therapeutic purposes (GMP iPSC)
- Induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) for research purposes
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Go-to-market Strategy Planning and Implementation
- Prepare go-to-market strategy plan with Head of Business – Stem Cells, to meet the sales target and implement the strategy to the designated territory.
- Sales Activity
- Develop stem cell business with team and/or independently through frequent visits to current and potential customers in the designated territory - generating leads and closing the proposals for iPSC
- Lead discussions for iPSC service projects, develop service proposals accordingly to the client needs and requests.
- Ensure to present and market the iPSC services to current and potential clients effectively maximizing the business opportunities by generating and following up repeat deals, new leads and referrals following up new leads and referrals
- Build direct and strong relationship with key clients in order to raise the Company’s credibility
- Ensure to provide necessary information of the company’s business activity to relevant customers (i.e. drug discovery services, product sales, biorepository, molecular services and) and provide support cross-sales.
- Marketing Activities
- Responsible to plan and roll out effective marketing activities at the appropriate times to the appropriate audiences, including contents development for web page, e-marketing, brochure, presentation PPT etc.
- Regular Reporting
- Prepare a variety of status and progress reports, including KPI, activity updates, closings, follow-up, etc.
- Follow-up for collection of payment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience/Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge in iPSC and stem cell science business, good organization and administrative skills, excellent attention to details, high degree of professionalism and integrity is essential, ability to demonstrate initiative and leadership, ability to persuade and influence others.
B.Sc. M.Sc. or Ph.D. in biology, stem cell science, or other relevant subject is highly preferred.
Excellent skills on MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.