Scientific Sales Representative
Location: Reprocell Europe Ltd, Glasgow
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Education: Bachelor's (required)
Licence/Certification: Driving (required)
The successful applicant will preferably have the following attributes:
- A degree in life sciences, preferably in pharmacology, physiology, biochemistry or cell biology.
- Experience of the drug discovery and development process and/or stem cell research is advantageous, but not essential.
- Demonstrable track record in a CRO or life sciences sales environment is advantageous, but not essential.
- A network of contacts within the pharmaceutical industry is advantageous.
- An excellent communicator and listener, able to promote REPROCELL’s services through a variety of media including conferences, e-marketing and consultative selling.
- The ability to communicate with clients with sufficient breadth of scientific knowledge and experience in relation to drug discovery and development, giving confidence to those in pharma that he/she understands their problems and objectives.
- Brings new ideas for services to the Board based on identified market demand and trends.
- The applicant will be based in the UK but will be expected to spend a significant proportion of their time travelling across Europe to visit clients and attend conferences.
Commercial Manager – Preclinical Genomic Services
Job Title: Commercial Manager – Preclinical Genomic Services
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Primary Job Function:
Responsible for driving sales and marketing activities for the Company’s Preclinical Genomic Service with primary regional focus on US territories, however, also includes global customer coverage. Take initiative and exercise leadership skills to work with internal and external resources to make the best effort to achieve the revenue for Preclinical Genomic Service as the committed revenue line.
Key Business to Cover:
- Biorepository and prospective bio-sample collection services
- Preclinical molecular services such as genotyping, DNA/RNA extraction, and gene expression
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Go-to-market Strategy Planning and Implementation
- Prepare go-to-market strategy plan with Chief Commercial Officer to meet the sales target and implement the strategy to the designated territory. Preclinical Genomic Services include DNA/RNA extraction and analysis, biorepository and custom tissue collections, and other services in the company’s pipeline.
- Sales Activity
- Develop preclinical genomic service business with team and/or independently through frequent visits to current and potential customers in the designated territory - generating leads and closing the proposals.
- Lead discussions for preclinical genomic service projects, develop service proposals accordingly to the client needs and requests.
- Ensure to present and market the preclinical genomic services to current and potential clients effectively maximizing the business opportunities by generating and following up repeat deals, new leads and referrals following up new leads and referrals
- Build direct and strong relationship with key clients to raise the Company’s credibility
- Ensure to provide necessary information of the company’s business activity to relevant customers (i.e., drug discovery services, product sales, stem cell services etc) and provide support cross-sales.
- Marketing Activities
- Responsible to plan and roll out effective marketing activities at the appropriate times to the appropriate audiences, including contents development for web page, e-marketing, brochure, presentation PPT etc.
- Regular Reporting
- Prepare a variety of status and progress reports, including KPI, activity updates, closings, follow-up, etc.
- Follow-up for collection of payment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience/Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge in preclinical workflow and its business structure, good organization and administrative skills, excellent attention to details, high degree of professionalism and integrity is essential, ability to demonstrate initiative and leadership, ability to persuade and influence others
Excellent skills on MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.