Careers at REPROCELL
Please see the listing below for job vacancies that could be your next professional step forward.
Stem Cell Research Assistant, REPROCELL USA (Beltsville, MD)
REPROCELL USA Inc is seeking skilled, experienced, and highly motivated candidates for a Stem Cell Research Assistant position in our Stem Cell Services Department. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to Stem Cell Scientists in the laboratory work for human iPSC services based at the Beltsville (MD) location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical assistance as needed in agreement with Management Team and Stem Cell Scientists on various projects (e.g., primary culture derivation, reprogramming, expansion, quality control, etc.)
- Maintaining paper and electronic records
- Maintaining the lab in good working order (e.g., water bath maintenance incubator maintenance, biological safety cabinet maintenance, etc.)
- Preparing and maintaining stock solutions
- Assisting with data preparation
- Keeping technical skills and knowledge up-to-date.
Additionally, the Stem Cell Research Assistant is responsible to communicate in a timely manner with the Stem Cell Scientists and with the Management Team regarding the service projects in which the Stem Cell Research Associate is involved, and the Research Associate is expected to assist in reports elaboration for clients. To this end, the position may require working with multidisciplinary teams. This position requires to maintain up-to-date professional training and lab work safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, bioengineering, or related subject, Master’s degree preferred
- General cell biology, stem cell biology, and sterile cell culture knowledge and practice preferred but training on-the-job can be provided for the right individual
- Flexibility and ability to cooperate as a team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Visual concentration and manual dexterity
- Attention to detail, both at the bench and in other work assignments
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Ability to follow procedures, and to record and communicate deviations
- Comfort with basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to learn new skills, work under general supervision, and proceed alone on regular tasks