Whole Blood Processing
Comprehensive support for your blood processing needs
Many CROs provide blood sample processing services, but few provide support for downstream investigations.
At REPROCELL, we provide blood sample processing and perform biological analyses to in-house or client-provided standard operating procedures (SOPs).
By choosing us, you can complement your project with cell enrichment, biomarker analysis, and genomic service options under one provider.
Choose the optimal blood sample
Peripheral blood processing to generate PBMCs, plasma, or serum, is an important first step for a variety of clinical research studies. Investigation of disease-associated biomarkers, cellular interactions, immune response mechanisms, and pathways, requires high-quality starting materials to ensure project success. Working to GCLP standards, whole blood processing in our fully equipped BSL2 laboratory is both rapid and efficient, ensuring minimal degradation and maximal yield.
For some projects, cord blood-derived mononuclear cells (CBMC) offer ethical and practical advantages over their adult equivalent. Cord blood progenitor cells display higher proliferation potential in cell culture, making them an excellent source for reprogramming to iPSCs. Reduced immunogenicity and the low risk of transmitting infectious diseases or potentially pathogenic microorganisms also make them an attractive option for clinical projects.
Enrich for specific immune cell subtypes
If you want to enrich your blood samples for specific immune cell subtypes, we can use immunomagnetic cell separation to achieve this. This technology uses antibodies coupled with magnetic beads to recognize antigens on the cell surface. When a magnetic force is applied, your target cells can be isolated through positive or negative selection.
Complement your project with downstream molecular and biomarker analyses
To advance your project, our expert scientific team provide a range of downstream molecular, biomarker and cellular services. From nucleic acid extraction, through genomic analysis to multiplex bead-based immune profiling and primary cell derivation, we offer a range of integrated services to advance and boost data output from your biospecimen.
- extract nucleic acids form various sample types
- perform a range of genomic analyses including gene expression assays, SNP genotyping, and RNASeq.
- provide bead-based multi-plex cytokine and chemokine profiling assays
- perform primary cell derivation and culture of fibroblasts, keratinocytes and monocytes (macrophages)
Our team will discuss and design services to meet all your requirements.
Benefits of Choosing REPROCELL
By selecting REPROCELL, you are choosing end-to-end support for your blood processing project. Underpinning our service package is:
Expert outsourcing for your sample processing needs
Year-round 24/7 BSL2 laboratory capacity
PBMC Processing and Isolation
Our scientists can process peripheral blood samples to generate mononuclear cells with high viability and purity. Working to GCLP standards, we are able to derive high-quality mononuclear cells using low-ionic-strength diluents and density gradient centrifugation methods.
In addition, we can provide controlled-rate PBMC freezing that preserves optimal cell viability and function upon thaw. Plasma or serum fractions can also be collected, aliquoted, and stored to meet your specific requirements.
Cell Isolation and Enrichment
PBMC and CBMC encompass a heterogeneous cell population including various frequencies of immune cell subsets and several distinct progenitor types.
- Lymphocytes (T cells, B cells and NK cells)
- Dendritic cells
- Hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs)
- Endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs)
- Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs)
- DNA and RNA Extraction: Our scientists can extract nucleic acids from a range of starting materials, including blood, tissue, swabs, FFPE, and cells.
- RT-PCR and Genotyping: We have general RT-PCR capabilities including identification of genetic variation e.g., SNP genotyping
- Gene Expression: Qualitative and quantitative targeted gene expression using qPCR and validated probes (between genotypes, treatment groups, cell types)
- NGS Sequencing: Whole-genome, whole-exome, and RNASeq in partnership with a collaborating certified provider
Biomarker and Analytical Services
- Luminex panels: Any Luminex panel compatible with the Luminex system e.g., chemokine and cytokine panels, T-cell markers, cancer biomarkers, angiogenesis markers, MMPs
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC): Tissue samples formalin-fixed and processed to paraffin block. 1 H&E slide per sample (optional). Target IHC can be performed if required (with or without image analysis).
- Mass Spectrometry: Quantitative bioanalysis by LC-MS/MS
Matrix matched calibration curve. Deliverable is test compound concentrations (ng/mL or nM) summarized
Ready to outsource your whole blood processing? Submit the form below and one of our human tissue experts will be in touch.