Whole Blood Processing
Primary Cell Derivation Services
Clinical Laboratory Services
Many CROs provide isolation of human mononuclear cells from peripheral blood (PBMC) or cord blood (CBMC), but only a few can offer additional downstream services.
By choosing REPROCELL for your whole blood processing, you are guaranteed:
- An expert outsourcing partner for your sample processing needs
- GLP/GCLP blood processing services - working to inhouse or client provided standard operating procedures
- A year round 24/7 BSL2 laboratory capacity
- Sample processing performed by trained and experienced staff
- Capability to process a range of blood tube types and anti-coagulants
- Additional services to meet your unique clinical requirements
Whole Blood Processing
Our scientists can process blood samples to generate mononuclear cells with high viability and purity, plasma, or serum. Working to GCLP standards, we can derive high-quality mononuclear cells from small (5-10 mL) or larger (50 mL) volumes of whole blood within 4 hours using low-ionic-strength diluents and density gradient centrifugation methods.
In addition, we provide controlled-rate PBMC freezing in a low-endotoxin, serum-free and/or xeno-free cryopreservation medium to preserve optimal cell viability and function upon thaw. Plasma or serum fractions can also be collected, aliquoted and stored to meet client-specific requirements.
Infographic: PBMC Processing
Whole blood sample
Diluted blood layered on density gradient medium
Separation of diluted blood into 4 distinct layers
Preparation of PBMC suspension
Washing of PBMC isolate
Total cell number, viability and PBMC yield records
Labelling and cryopreservation
Long term cryostorage of PBMC lots
PBMC and CBMC Processing
Peripheral blood processing to generate PBMC, plasma or serum, is an important first step for a variety of clinical research studies. Investigation of disease associated biomarkers, cellular interactions, immune response mechanisms and pathways etc all require high quality staring materials. to ensure project success. Working to GCLP standards, whole blood processing in our fully equipped BSL2 laboratory is both rapid, and efficient, ensuring minimal degradation and maximal yield.
Cord BloodCord blood-derived mononuclear cells or CBMCs offer ethical and practical advantages over their adult equivalent. Cord blood progenitor cells display higher proliferation potential in cell culture, making them an excellent source for reprogramming to iPSCs. Reduced immunogenicity and the low risk of transmitting infectious diseases or potentially pathogenic microorganisms also make them an attractive option for clinical projects.
REPROCELL can access a wide range of donors, derive both human PBMCs and CBMCs, and provide molecular analysis for an additional fee. Our unique set of services can reduce the operating costs and stress of dealing with multiple service providers.
PBMC and CBMC encompass a heterogeneous cell population including various frequencies of immune cell subsets and several distinct progenitor types. You can find out more about our Primary Cell Derivation Services here.
- Lymphocytes (T cells, B cells and NK cells)
- Dendritic cells
- Hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs)
- Endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs)
- Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs)
- DNA and RNA Extraction: Our scientists can extract nucleic acids from a range of starting materials, including blood, tissue, swabs, FFPE, and cells.
- RT-PCR and Genotyping: We have general RT-PCR capabilities including identification of genetic variation e.g., SNP genotyping
- Gene Expression: Qualitative and quantitative targeted gene expression using qPCR and validated probes (between genotypes, treatment groups, cell types)
- NGS Sequencing: Whole-genome, whole-exome, and RNASeq in partnership with a collaborating certified provider
Bio Marker and End-point Services
- Luminex panels: Any Luminex panel compatible with the Luminex system e.g. chemokine and cytokine panels, T-cell markers, cancer biomarkers, angiogenesis markers, MMP’s
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC): Tissue samples formalin-fixed and processed to paraffin block. 1 H&E slide per sample (optional). Target IHC can be performed if required (with or without image analysis).
- Mass Spectrometry: Quantitative bioanalysis by LC-MS/MS
Matrix matched calibration curve. Deliverable is test compound concentrations (ng/ml or nM) summarized
Ready to outsource your whole blood processing? Submit the form below and one of our human tissue experts will be in touch.