StemRNA™ Neuro – Human Neurons
A mixed population of brain-like, iPSC-derived human neurons expressing a wide range of neuronal and synaptic markers. Maturation in Neuro Culture Medium or Neuro MQ Culture Medium is required. Vial contents provide enough cells for an entire 96-well plate.
|Product name||Product code||Pack size||Price (USD)||Price (GBP)||Price (EUR)|
|StemRNA™ Neuro – Human Neurons||RCDN001N||3 × 10⁶ cells||$ 809.00||£ 663.11||€ 774.52|
Note: prices shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
- NutriStem™ hPSC XF Culture Medium for Human iPS and ES Cells 01-0005 / 01-0005-100
- iMatrix-511 Stem Cell Culture Substrate NP892-011 / NP892-012
- NutriFreez™ D10 Cryopreservation Medium 01-0020-50
Note: StemRNA™ Neuro was previously called ReproNeuro.
Wild-type human brain cell neurons for general purpose assays
Frozen human iPSC-derived neurons for 96-well high throughput and high content assays
- Frozen as a suspension of individualized neuroprogenitor cells
- Rapidly differentiate into neurons during in vitro growth and maturation
- Display measurable neuronal function
- Form dendritic connections leading to synchronized burst behavior around week 6 in vitro
- Responsive to various reference compounds that modulate neuron electrophysiology
- Expresses multiple neuron-specific markers, indicating a mixed population of neuron types
- Two different culture media are available separately
StemRNA Neuro iPS-derived neurons are cryopreserved using REPROCELL's proprietary cryopreservation technology. Thawed and plated StemRNA Neuro cells mature during 2-3 weeks of culture on surfaces treated with Neuro Coat (RCDN201).
Types of ReproNeuro Media
Note that one of the following media is required for proper maturation of the StemRNA Neuro cells:
- Neuro Culture Medium (RCDN101); standard medium for general purpose assays
- Neuro MQ Culture Medium (RCDN102); a specialty medium formulated with rat astrocyte supplementation resulting in maximum performance in MEA (multiple electrode array) assays
Stemgent and the StemRNA brand name are trademarks of REPROCELL Inc., Japan.
Product Name: StemRNA Neuro
Catalog Number: RCDN001N
Size: 3 × 106 cells (one 96-well plate)
Storage and Stability: Store in liquid nitrogen
Safety Data Sheets:
- Ayabe T; Takahashi C; Ohya R; Ano Y. β-Lactolin improves mitochondrial function in A$beta;-treated mouse hippocampal neuronal cell line and a human iPSC-derived neuronal cell model of Alzheimer's disease. FASEB J 36:e22277 (2022).
- Sugai A; Kato T; Koyama A; Koike Y; Konno T; Ishihara T; Onodera O. Non-genetically modified models exhibit TARDBP mRNA increase due to perturbed TDP-43 autoregulation. Neurobiol Disease 130:104534 (2019).
- Kumagai A; Sasaki T; Matsuoka K; Abe M; Tabata T; Itoh Y; Fuchino H; Wugangerile S; Suga M; Yamaguchi T; Nagaoka Y; Kawabata K; Furue MK; Takemori H. Monitoring of Glutamate‐Induced Excitotoxicity by Mitochondrial Oxygen Consumption. Synapse in press:https//doi.org/1.1002/syn.22067 (2018)
- Murata H; Takamatsu H; Liu S; Kataoka K; Hu N-h; Sakaguchi M. NRF2 Regulates PINK1 Expression under Oxidative Stress Conditions. PLoS One 10:e0142438 (2015).
- Odawara, Aoi, Masao Gotoh, and Ikuro Suzuki. Three-dimensional neuronal culture technique that controls the direction of neurite elongation and the position of soma to mimic the layered structure of the brain. RSC Adv. (2013).
- Bottiglieri, Teodoro, et al.Acute administration of L-DOPA induces changes in methylation metabolites, reduced protein phosphatase 2A methylation, and hyperphosphorylation of Tau protein in mouse brain. The Journal of Neuroscience 32.27 (2012): 9173-9181.
- Society for Biomolecular Sciences (SBS), 14th AnnualConference and Exhibition 2008 (St. Louis), poster session, April 2008.
- IBC Asia's 4th Annual Stem Cells Asia Congress (Singapore), oral session, June 2008.
- ELRIG and SBS Present: Drug Discovery (UK) poster session, September 2008.
- Advances in Stem Cell Discoveries (San Francisco) oral session, September 2008.
- Stem Cells: Drug Discovery and Therapeutics (London) oral session, February 2008.
- Society for Biomolecular Science 15th Annual Conference (France), poster session, Best Poster 2009 Award-winning, April 2009.
- Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Europe (UK), September 2009, Best Poster 2009 Award-winning.
- MipTec Conference 2009, October 13-15, Basel Invited Lecture.
- The 74th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society (Kyoto), March 2010.
- The 130th The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan (Okayama), March 2010.
- The Society of Toxicology (SOT) 51st Annual Meeting (CA, USA), poster session, March 2012.
- Safety Pharmacology Society (SPS), 13th annual meeting 2013 (Rotterdam, Netherlands), poster session, September 2013.
- Automated Patch-Clamp systems and Ion Channel Expressing Cells 2013 (Tokyo), Verbal presentation 2013 Nov.
- The 7th Takeda Science Foundation Symposium (Osaka), Poster presentation 2014 Jan.