iMatrix-511 Stem Cell Culture Substrate
NP892-011 / NP892-012
iMatrix-511 is a xeno-free, recombinant Laminin-511 E8 Fragment produced in CHO-S cells and used with the StemRNA-3rd Gen Reprogramming Kit (00-0076) to generate iPS cells from fibroblasts, blood or urine.
|Product name||Product code||Pack size||Price (USD)||Price (GBP)||Price (EUR)|
|iMatrix-511 Stem Cell Culture Substrate (175 μg × 2 tubes)||NP892-011||175 μg × 2 tubes||$ 344.00||£ 388.94||€ 395.88|
|iMatrix-511 Stem Cell Culture Substrate (175 μg × 6 tubes)||NP892-012||175 μg × 6 tubes||$ 903.00||£ 890.77||€ 1,040.42|
Note: prices shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
iMatrix-511 is a highly purified and refined laminin-511 E8 fragments, produced in CHO cells.
iMatrix-511 features make it an ideal matrix for pluripotent stem cell culture:
- Promotes greater stem cell adhesion than all other matrix proteins that have been tested
- Easy to use (liquid format)
- E8 fragments retain integrin binding specificity and capacity and display higher potency than natural Laminin-511
- Equivalent performance, but lower cost than the legacy iMatrix-511 product
Laminin is localized to the basement membrane and plays a key role in cell adhesion and proliferation. Laminin-511 (α5, β1 laminin) binds to integrin α6β1 to promote cell signaling. Laminin-511 provides an ideal matrix for the proliferation of a wide variety of cell types including stem and iPS cells.
iMatrix-511 is functionally equivalent to iMatrix-511 SILK (Cat. No. NP892-021). The only difference is the expression system used for bioproduction. The iMatrix-511 SILK product is produced in recombinant silkworm cocoon, while iMatrix-511 is produced in CHO-S cells. Both are E8 fragments that have been purified using the same processes.
Matrixome company name and logo and iMatrix brand name are the property of Matrixome Corp., Japan.
Product Name: iMatrix-511 Stem Cell Culture Substrate
- NP891-011: 2 × 175 µg
- NP891-012: 6 × 175 µg
Molecular Weight: 150 kDa
Purity: > 95 % pure
Formulation: Purified Laminin-511 E8 proteolytic fragment
Storage and Stability: Store at 4 °C and protect from light exposure. Stable for 2 years from manufacturing date.
Concentration: 500 µg/mL
Source: CHO cells
Quality Control: Integrin binding Kd < 10 nM
Notice To Purchaser: REPROCELL is a licensed distributor of Matrixome cell culture substrates to the global market.
Recommended Usage: iMatrix-511 is suitable for use as a substrate for culture of various cell types, including ES/iPS cells.
Manufacturer: Matrixome Corporation (Japan)
Safety Data Sheet:
- Takayama K. et al., "Laminin 411 and 511 promote the cholangiocyte differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells". Biochemical and Biophysical Research Commun.474 (1): 91-96 (2016).
- Nishimura K. et al., "Estradial facilitates functional integration of iPSC-derived dopaminergic neurons into striatal neuronal circuits via activation of integrin a5b1". Stem Cell Reports6 (4): 511-524 (2016).
- Matsuno K. et al., "Redefining definitive endoderm subtypes by robust induction of human induced pluripotent stem cells". Differentiation2016.04.002.
- Hayashi R. et al., "Co-ordinated ocular development from human iPS cells and recovery of corneal function". Nature531, 368-80 (2016),
- Sasaki K. et al., "Robust in vitro induction of human germ cell fate from pluripotent stem cells". Cell Stem Cell 17 (2):178-194 (2015).
- Okumura N. et al., "Laminin-511 and -521 enable efficient in vitro expansion of human corneal endothelial cells". Invest Ophthalmal Vis Sci.56 (5), 2933-42 (2015).
- Nakagawa M. et al., "A novel efficient feeder-free culture system for the derivation of human induced pluripotent stem cells". Scientific Reports 4: 3594 (2014).
- Miyazaki T. et al. "Laminin E8 fragments support efficient adhesion and expansion of dissociated human pluripotent stem cells." Nature Communications 3: 1236 (2012).
- Taniguchi Y. et al., "The C-terminal region of laminin β-chains modulates the integrin-binding affinities of laminins." J. Biol. Chem.284 (12): 7820-31 (2009).
- Ido H. et al., "The requirement of the glutamic acid residue at the third position from the carboxyl termini of the laminin gamma-chains in integrin-binding by laminins." J. Biol. Chem.282 (15): 11144-54 (2017).
- Bakare AB; Meshrkey F; Lowe B; Molder C; Rao RR; Zhan J; Iyer S. MitoCellPhe reveals mitochondrial morphologies in single fibroblasts and clustered stem cells. Am J Phys Cell Physiol 321:C735-748 (2021).
- Meshrkey F; Ayuso AC; Rao RR; Iyer S. Quantitative analysis of mitochondrial morphologies in human induced pluripotent stem cells for Leigh syndrome. Stem Cell Res 57:102572 (2021).
- Devito LG; Cooper F; D'Angelo I; Smith J; Healy L. Generation of FOUR iPSC lines (CRICKi004-A; CRICKi005-A; CRICKi006-A, CRICKi007-A) from Spinal muscle atrophy patients with lower extremity dominant (SMALED) phenotype. Stem Cell Res 65:102954 (2022).
- Supakul S; Leventoux N; Tabuchi J; Mimura M; Ito D; Maeda S; Okano H. Establishment of KEIOi005-A iPSC line from urine-derived cells (UDCs) of a mild Alzheimer’s disease (AD) donor with multiple risk SNPs for sporadic Alzheimer’s disease (sAD). Stem Cell Res 62:102802 (2022).
- Rajasingh S; Sigamani V; Selvam V; Gurusamy S; Kirankumar S; Vasanthan J; Rajasingh J. Comparative analysis of human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived mesenchymal stem cells and umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Mol Med 25:8904 (2021).
- Fiacco E; Alowaysi M; Astro V; Adamo A. Derivation of two naturally isogenic iPSC lines (KAUSTi006-A and KAUSTi006-B) from a mosaic Klinefelter Syndrome patient (47-XXY/46-XY). Stem Cell Res 49:102049 (2020).
- Alowaysi M; Fiacco E; Astro V; Adamo A. Establishment of iPSC lines from a high-grade Klinefelter Syndrome patient (49-XXXXY) and two genetically matched healthy relatives (KAUSTi003-A, KAUSTi004-A, KAUSTi004-B, KAUSTi005-A, KAUSTi005-B, KAUSTi005-C). Stem Cell Res 49:102008 (2020).
- Shimada M; Tsukada K; Kagawa N; Matsumoto Y. Reprogramming and differentiation-dependent transcriptional alteration of DNA damage response and apoptosis genes in human induced pluripotent stem cells. J Radiation Res 2019:1-10 (2019).
- Nakajima M; Yoshimatsu S; Sato T; Nakamura M; Okahara J; Sasaki E; Shiozawa S; Okano H. Establishment of induced pluripotent stem cells from common marmoset fibroblasts by RNA-based reprogramming. Biochem Biophys Research Commun in press:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2019.05.175 (2019).
- Liu L-P; Li Y-M; Guo N-N; LI S; Ma X; Zhang Y-X; Gao Y; Huang J-L; Zheng D-X; Wang L-Y; Xu H; Hui L; Zheng Y-W. Therapeutic Potential of Patient iPSC-Derived iMelanocytes in Autologous Transplantation. Cell Reports 27:455-466.e5 (2019).
- Harmanto Y; Maki T; Yakagi Y; Miyamoto S; Takahashi J. Xeno‐free culture for generation of forebrain oligodendrocyte precursor cells from human pluripotent stem cells. J Neuro Res 2019:1-18 (2019).
- Tsujimara T; Takase O; Yoshikawa M; Sano E; Hayashi M; Hoshi K; Takato T; Toyoda A; Okano H; Hishikawa K. Controlling gene activation by enhancers through a drug-inducible topological insulator. bioRxiv http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/534073 (2019).