SynFire® Induced Neurons
SynFire is a brand name for iPSC-derived Neurons
SynFire neurons from Neucyte Labs are pure and ready-to-use iPSC-derived glutamatergic or GABAergic induced neurons (iNs) and astroglia. This platform most closely resembles real human neurobiology observed in primary cultures, providing the ability to effectively study the function of human neurons in vitro.
Advantages of SynFire iNs
- Real Human Biology – These cells more closely resemble real human biology than alternatives such as common animal models or other iPSC-based systems.
- Rapid and Homogeneous Maturation – SynFire iNs develop mature synaptic network activity within 3-4 weeks. These iNs show synchronous bursting phenotypes similar to rodent primary cultures.
- Reliable, Robust, and Ready-to-Use Cultures – This differentiation approach results in a highly defined in vitro system with lot-to-lot consistency that provides reproducible results.
- Flexible Modular System – The user can control subtype seeding densities and ratios to customize cultures to specific projects. Custom kit configurations are available.
Applications of SynFire iNs
Applications of SynFire iNs include a range of neurobiological and functional research outputs, such as:
- In vitro neural disease modeling
- Neuronal cell-based assays
- Neural subtype-specific biochemistry
- Target ID and validation in biologically relevant tissue
- Neural cytotoxicity (apoptosis, mitochondrial activity, etc.)
- Cell Stress tests
- Neural network physiology assessment (MEA)
- Seizurogenic potential testing
- Neurite outgrowth and morphology evaluation
- Mechanism of Action prediction by gene expression profiling
Product Selection Guide
|Cat. No.||Procuct Name||Glutamatergic Induced Neurons||GABAergic Induced Neurons||Astroglia||Media|
|NC1002-10||SynFire GABAergic Induced Neuron Kit||✔||✔||✔|
|NC1001-10||SynFire Glutamatergic Induced Neuron Kit||✔||✔||✔|
|NC1010-1.5||Synfire Induced Neuron Co-Culture Kit||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|NC2010-10||SynFire Induced Neuron Media Kit||✔|
Co-Culture kits containing GABAergic induced neurons, astroglia, and all of the media necessary to establish a co-culture model for functional neuron studies. Available in two sizes, small (Cat. No. NC1001-10) and large (Cat. No. NC1001-50).
|NC1002-10||1 kit (small)|
|NC1002-20||1 vial (1.5 million cells)|
|NC1002-50||1 kit (large)|
|NC1002-60||1 vial (3.5 million cells)|
|Co-culture kits containing glutamatergic induced neurons, astroglia, and all of the media necessary to establish a co-culture model for functional neuron studies. Available in two sizes, small (Cat. No. NC1001-10) and large (Cat. No. NC1001-50).
More information →
|NC1001-10||1 kit (small)|
|NC1001-20||1 vial (1.5 million cells)|
|NC1001-50||1 kit (large)|
|NC1001-60||1 vial (3.5 million cells)|
Glutamatergic and GABAergic induced neuron co-culture kits (with astrocytes) are available in two configurations suitable for general culture (Cat. No. NC1010-1.5) or MEA assays (Cat. No. NC1010-7.5). Please see the specification for kit contents.
|NC1010-1.5||1 basic kit|
|NC1010-7.5||1 MEA kit|
|Cat. No. NC2010-10 SynFire Complete Media Kit (small)
— Seeding (10 mL), short-term (20 mL), and long-term (60 mL) media and supplements.
|NC2010-10||1 kit (small)|
|Cat. No. NC2010-20 SynFire Complete Media Kit (large)
— Seeding (20 mL), short-term (40 mL), and long-term (120 mL) media and supplements.
|NC2010-20||1 kit (large)|
|Cat. No. NC2003-1 SynFire Media (for long term maintenance)
— Long term media (120 mL) for extended culture.
These media kits provide additional media (over what is included in the neuron kit) to support the culture of GABAergic (Cat. No. NC1002-10), glutamatergic (Cat. No. NC1001-10), and mixed induced neurons (Cat. No. NC1010-1.5). Custom media configurations are also available: please inquire at email@example.com.
To support custom plating conditions or extended culture, additional SynFire media is available. See specifications for kit components.
|NC2003-1||1 kit (long term maintenance)|