Oct4 mRNA, Human
Encodes the human Oct4 protein.
|Product name||Product code||Pack size||Price (USD)||Price (GBP)||Price (EUR)|
|Oct4 mRNA, Human||05-0014||20 μg||$ 289.00||£ 236.89||€ 276.68|
Note: prices shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
Stemgent Oct4 mRNA encodes the Oct4 protein commonly used in cellular reprogramming systems for the generation of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells. This in vitro transcribed mRNA incorporates both pseudouridine and 5-methylcytidine modified nucleotides to minimize the cellular interferon response to single stranded RNA.1,2 Repeated transfection of Oct4 mRNA in combination with mRNAs encoding Klf4, Sox2, Lin-28 and c-Myc has been shown to reprogram human fibroblasts.2
Figure 1: Protein expression and localization shown by immunocytochemistry, DAPI in blue and Oct4 in red.
Stemgent and the StemRNA brand name are trademarks of REPROCELL Inc., Japan.
Product Name: Oct4 mRNA, Human
Catalog Number: 05-0014
Size: 20 µg
Formulation: 100 ng/µl in RNase-free TE buffer, pH 7.0
Storage and Stability: Store at or below −70 °C. Stable for a minimum of 3 months from date of receipt when stored as directed. Wear gloves when handling this product. Use RNase-free tubes and barrier pipette tips. Thaw on ice. Keep on ice until the sample is removed. Avoid multiple freezing and thawing cycles (<5). Aliquot to experimental quantities.
Quality Control: Proper protein expression and localization have been confirmed by immunocytochemistry.
- Stemgent Klf4 mRNA, Human (Cat.No.05-0015)
- Stemgent Sox2 mRNA, Human (Cat.No.05-0016)
- Stemgent c-Myc mRNA, Human (Cat.No.05-0018)
- Stemgent Lin-28 mRNA, Human (Cat.No.05-0017)
- Stemgent nGFP mRNA (Cat.No.05-0019)
- Stemgent mRNA Reprogramming Factors Set: hOKSML (Cat.No.00-0067)
- Stemfect RNA Transfection Kit (Cat.No.00-0069)
- Stemfactor Fibroblast Growth Factor-basic (Human Recombinant) (Cat.No.03-0002)
- Stemolecule Y27632 (Cat.No.04-0012)
Notice To Purchaser: This product is intended for research purposes only. It may not be used for (i) any human or veterinary use, including without limitation therapeutic and prophylactic use, (ii) any clinical use, including without limitation diagnostic and prognostic use, (iii) any use in delivery to and/or modification of cells that are intended for clinical, diagnostic or medicinal use, including without limitation, cell-based therapy, (iv) any commercial purposes, including without limitation the performance of contract research or provision of services to a third party and the manufacture of products for general sale. Any use of this product for any of the above-mentioned purposes requires a license from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Recommended Usage: Stemgent Oct4 mRNA, Human should be transfected using a protocol specifically optimized for the cell type used in the experiment.
Safety Data Sheets:
- Angel, M., and Yanik (2010). Innate immune suppression enables frequent transfection with RNA encoding reprogramming proteins. PLoS One 5(7):e11756.
- Warren, L., Manos, P.D., Ahfeldt, T., Loh, Y.H., Li, H., Lau, F., Ebina, W., Mandal, P.K., Smith, Z.D., Meissner, A., Daley, D.Q., Brack, A.S., Collins, J.J., Cowan, C., Schlaeger, T.M., and Rossi, D.J. (2010) Highly efficient reprogramming to pluripotency and directed differentiation of human cells with synthetic modified mRNA. Cell Stem Cell 7: 618-630.
- Yakubov, E., Rechavi, G., Rozenblatt, S., and Givol, D. (2010) Reprogramming of human fibroblasts to pluripotent stem cells using mRNA of four transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 394: 189-193.