Stemfactor™ FGF-basic, Human Recombinant
Fibroblast Growth Factor-basic (a.k.a. FGF-basic, FGF-2 or bFGF) plays a central role during development and growth or regeneration of a variety of tissues by promoting cell differentiation and proliferation.
|Product name||Product code||Pack size||Price (USD)||Price (GBP)||Price (EUR)|
|Stemfactor™ FGF-basic, Human Recombinant||03-0002||50 μg||$ 158.00||£ 129.51||€ 151.27|
Note: prices shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
ibroblast Growth Factor-basic (bFGF), also known as FGF-2, is a heparin-binding member of the FGF superfamily of molecules. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. Additionally, bFGF is a critical component of embryonic stem cell culture medium, allowing cells to remain in an undifferentiated state in serum-free medium1,2. Stemfactor bFGF is an approximate 17 kDa protein consisting of 155 amino acid residues.
Stemgent and the Stemfactor brand name are trademarks of REPROCELL Inc., Japan.
Product Name: Stemfactor FGF-basic, Human Recombinant
Catalog Number: 03-0002
Size: 50 µg
Purity: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE analysis
Formulation: Lyophilized from 5 mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.5 with 150 mM NaCl.
Reconstitution: Centrifuge briefly and then reconstitute bFGF in 500 µL of 10 mM Tris, pH 7.6, to yield a stock solution of 0.1 mg/mL of bFGF. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles as it can result in loss of activity.
Storage and Stability: Stemfactor bFGF is shipped at room temperature. Lyophilized bFGF is stable for up to 6 months from date of receipt when stored at −20 °C to −80 °C. Reconstituted bFGF, at concentrations greater than or equal to 0.1 mg/mL, is stable for up to 3 months when stored at −20 °C and up to 6 months when stored at −80 °C.
Sterility: Tested to be negative for Mycoplasmasp. by PCR and microbial contamination by a sterility test.
Source: E. coli
Amino Acid Sequence: MAAGSITTLP ALPEDGGSGA FPPGHFKDPK RLYCKNGGFF LRIHPDGRVD GVREKSDPHI KLQLQAEERG VVSIKGVCAN RYLAMKEDGR LLASKCVTDE CFFFERLESN NYNTYRSRKY TSWYVALKRT GQYKLGSKTG PGQKAILFLP MSAKS
Uniprot Accession Number: P09038, residues 1-155
Endotoxin Level: Less than 1.0 EU/µg of bFGF as determined by the LAL method.
Biologic Activity: The ED50 is 0.1 to 1 ng/mL as determined by the dose dependent proliferation of NIH 3T3 cells.
Safety Data Sheets:
- Amit, M., Carpenter, M.K., Inokuma, M.S., Chiu, C.P., Harris, C.P., Waknitz, M.A., Itskovitz-Eldor, J., and Thompson, J.A. Clonally derived human embryonic stem cell lines maintain pluripotency and proliferative potential for prolonged periods of culture. Dev Biol 227: 271-278 (2000).
- Xu, C., Rosler, E., Jiang, J., Lebkowski, J.S., Gold, J.D., O'Sullivan, C., Delavan-Boorsma, K., Mok, M., Bronstein, A., and Carpenter, M.K. Basic fibroblast growth factor supports undifferentiated human embryonic stem cell growth without conditioned medium. Stem Cells 23: 315-323 (2005).
- Vallier, L., Alexander, M., and Pedersen, R.A. Activin/Nodal and FGF pathways corporate to maintain pluripotency of human embryonic stem cells. J Cell Sci 118: 4495-4509 (2005).
- Wang, G., Zhang, H., Zhao, Y., Li, J., Cai, J., Wang, P., Meng, S., Feng, J., Miao, C., Ding, M., Li, D., and Deng, H. Noggin and bFGF cooperate to maintain the pluripotency of human embryonic stem cells in the absence of feeder layers. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330: 934-942 (2005).
- Greber, B., Lehrach, H., and Adjaye, J. Fibroblast growth factor 2 modulates transforming growth factor β signaling in mouse embryonic fibroblasts and human ESCs (hESCs) to support hESC self-renewal. Stem Cells 25: 455-464 (2007).
- Prahl JD; Pierce Se; van der Schans EJC; Goetzee GA; Tyson T. The Parkinson's disease variant rs356182 regulates neuronal differentiation independently from alpha-synuclein. Human Molec Genetics ddac161:doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddac161 (2022).
- Li LK; Huang W-C; Hsueh Y-Y; Yanauchi Kk Olivares N; Davila R; Fang J; Ding X; Zhao W; Soto J; Hasani M; Novitch B; Li S. Intramuscular delivery of neural crest stem cell spheroids enhances neuromuscular regeneration after denervation injury. Stem Cell Research Therapy 13:205 (2022).
- Cheng C; Reis S; Adams ET; Fass DM; Angus SP ;Stuhlmiller TJ; Richardson J; Olafson H; Wang ET; Patnaik D; Beauchamp RL; Feldman DA; Silva MC; Sur M; Johnson GL; Ramesh V; Miller BL; Temple S; Kosik KS; Dickerson BC; Haggarty SJ. High-content image-based analysis and proteomic profiling identifies Tau phosphorylation inhibitors in a human iPSC-derived glutamatergic neuronal model of tauopathy. Sci Rep 11:17029 (2021).
- Pottmeier P Doszyn O; Peuckert C; Jazin E. Increased Expression of Y-Encoded Demethylases During Differentiation of Human Male Neural Stem Cells. Stem Cells Devel in Press://doi.org/10.1089/scd.2020.0138 (2020).
- McQuade A; Kang YJ; Hasselmann J; Jaioraman A; Sotelo A; Coburn M; Shabestari SK; Chadarevian JP; Fote G; Tu CH; Danhash E; Silva J; Martinez E; Gotman C; Prieto GA; Thompson LM; Steffan JS; Smith I; Davtyan H; Calahan M; Cho H; Blurton-Jones M. Gene expression and functional deficits underlie TREM2-knockout microglia responses in human models of Alzheimer’s disease. Natture Commun 11:5370 (2020).
- Bonnard C; Navaratnam V; Ghosh K; Chan PW; Tan TT; Pomp O; Ng AYG; Tohari S; Changede R; Carling D; Benkatesh B; Altunoglu U; Kayserili H; Reversade B. A loss-of-function NUAK2 mutation in humans causes anencephaly due to impaired Hippo-YAP signaling. J Exp Med 217:e20191561 (2020).
- Fukunaga I; Shirai K; Oe Y; Danzaki K; Ohta SZ; Shiga T; Chen C; Ikeda K; Akamatsu W; Kawano A; Kamiya K. Generation of two induced pluripotent stem cell lines from PBMCs of siblings carrying c.235delC mutation in the GJB2 gene associated with sensorineural hearing loss. Stem Cell Res 47:101910 (2020).
- Fukunaga I; Shiga T; Chen C; Oe Y; Danzaki K; Ohta S; Matsuoka R; Anzai R; Hibiya-Motegi R; Tajima S; Ikeda K; Akamatsu W; Kamiya K. Generation of the induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) line (JUFMDOi004-A) from a patient with hearing loss carrying GJB2 (p.V37I) mutation. Stem Cell Res in press:doi.org/10.1016/j.xcr.2019.101674 (2019).
- Durens M; Nestor J; Herold K Niescier RF; Lunden FW; Phillips AW; Lin Y-C; Nestor MW. High-content interrogation of human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cortical organoid platforms. bioRxiv http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/697623. : (2019).
- Schlick SF. Fibroblast-Cardiomyocyte Cross-Talk in Heart Muscle Formation and Function. Ph.D. Thesis, Georg-August University Göttingen : (2018).
- Song Y; Subramanian K; Berberich MJ; Reoriguez S; Latorre IJ; Luria CM; Everly R; Albers MW; Mitchison TJ; Sorger PK. A dynamic view of the proteomic landscape during differentiation of ReNcell VM cells, an immortalized human neural progenitor line. Scientific Data 6:190016 (2019).
- Kilander MB; Wang C-H; Chang C-H; Nestor JE; Herold K; Tsai J-W; Nestor MW; Lin Y-C. A rare human CEP290 variant disrupts the molecular integrity of the primary cilium and impairs Sonic Hedgehog machinery. Sci Rep 8:17335 (2018).
- Yang G; Hong H; Trres A; Malloy KE; Choudhury CR; Kim J; Daadi MM. Standards for Deriving Nonhuman Primate-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells and Dopaminergic Lineage. Int J Mol Sci 19:2788 (2018).
- Pierce SE; Tyson T; Booms A; Prahl J; Coetzee GA. Parkinson's disease genetic risk in a midbrain neuronal cell line. Neurobiol of Disease doi.org/10.1016/j.nbd.2018.02.007: (2018).
- Velasquez-Mao AJ; Tsao CJM; Monroe MN; Legras X; Bissig-Choisat B; Bissig K-D; Ruano R; Jacot JG. Differentiation of spontaneously contracting cardiomyocytes from non-virally reprogrammed human amniotic fluid stem cells. PLoS ONE 12(5):e177824 (2017).
- Noack C; Haupt LP; Zimmerman W-H; Streckfuss-Bomeke; Zelarayan LC. Generation of a KLF15 homozygous knockout human embryonic stem cell line using paired CRISPR/Cas9n, and human cardiomyocytes derivation. Stem Cell Research 23:127-131 (2017)
- Momcilovic O; Sivapatham R; Oron TR; Meyer M; Mooney S; Rao MA; Zeng X. Derivation, characterization, and neural differentiation of integration-free induced pluripotent stem cell lines from Parkinson's disease patients carrying SNCA, LRRK2, PARK2, and GBA mutations. PLoS ONE 11(5): e0154890. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0154890 (2016)
- Bhutani K; Nazor KL; Williams R; Tran H; Dai H; Dzakula ZZ; Cho EH; Pang AWC; Roa M; Cao H; Schorck NJ; Loring JF. Whole-genome mutational burden analysis of three pluripotency induction methods. Nature Commun 7:10536 (2016)
- Zhu S; Russ HA; Wang X; Zhang M; Ma T; Xu T; Tang S; Hebrok M; Deng S. Human pancreatic β-like cells converted from fibroblasts. Nature Commun 7:10080 (2016)
- Chiang P-M; Wong PC. Differentiation of an embryonic stem cell to hemogenic endothelium by defined factors: Essential role of bone morphogenetic protein 4. Development 138: 2833-2843 (2011)
- Wang, Y-C., Nakagawa, M., Garitaonandia, I., Slavin, I., Altun, G., Lacharite, R. M., Nazor, K. L., Tran, H. T., Lynch, C., L., Leonardo, T. R., Liu, Y., Peterson, S. E., Laurent, L., C., Yamanaka, S., Loring, J. F. Specific lectin biomarkers for isolation of human pluripotent stem cells identified through array-based glycomic analysis. Cell Res 21(11): 1551 - 1563 (2011).