iMatrix-511 SILK Stem Cell Culture Substrate
An alternative iMatrix-511 that is xeno-free, recombinant Laminin-511 E8 Fragment expressed in silkworm for promoting adherence and culture of human iPS cells.
|Product name||Product code||Pack size||Price (USD)||Price (GBP)||Price (EUR)|
|iMatrix-511 SILK Stem Cell Culture Substrate||NP892-021||175 μg × 6 tubes||$ 578.00||£ 570.57||€ 666.43|
Note: prices shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
An alternative iMatrix-511 that is xeno-free, recombinant Laminin-511 E8 Fragment expressed in silkworm for promoting adherence and culture of human iPS cells. iMatrix-511 SILK is similar in performance, but lower in cost relative to NP892-011.
iMatrix-511 SILK is a highly purified and refined laminin-511 E8 fragments, produced in Silkworms.
iMatrix-511 SILK features make it an ideal matrix for pluripotent stem cell culture:
- Promotes greater stem cell adhesion than all other matrix proteins that have been tested
- Easy to use (liquid format)
- E8 fragments retain integrin binding specificity and capacity, and display higher potency than natural Laminin-511
- Equivalent performance, but lower cost than the legacy iMatrix-511 product
Laminin is localized to the basement membrane and plays a key role in cell adhesion and proliferation. Laminin-511 (α5, β1 laminin) binds to integrin α6β1 to promote cell signaling. Laminin-511 provides an ideal matrix for the proliferation of a wide variety of cell types including stem and iPS cells.
iMatrix-511 SILK is functionally equivalent to iMatrix-511 (Cat. No. NP892-011). The only difference is the expression system used for bioproduction. The iMatrix-511 SILK product is produced in recombinant silkworm cocoon, while iMatrix-511 is produced in CHO-S cells. Both are E8 fragments that have been purified using the same processes.
Matrixome company name and logo and iMatrix brand name are the property of Matrixome Corp., Japan.
Product Name: iMatrix-511 SILK Stem Cell Culture Substrate
Catalog Number: NP892-021
Size: 6 × 175 µg
Molecular Weight: 150 kDa
Purity: > 95 % pure
Formulation: Purified Laminin-511 E8 proteolytic fragment
Storage and Stability: Store at 4 °C and protect from light exposure. Stable for 2 years from the manufacturing date.
Concentration: 500 µg/mL
Quality Control: Integrin binding Kd < 10 nM
Notice To Purchaser: REPROCELL is a licensed distributor of Matrixome cell culture substrates to the global market.
Recommended Usage: iMatrix-511-SILK is suitable for use as a substrate for the culture of various cell types, including ES/iPS cells.
Manufacturer: Matrixome Corporation (Japan)
Safety Data Sheet:
- Takayama K. et al., "Laminin 411 and 511 promote the cholangiocyte differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells". Biochemical and Biophysical Research Commun.474 (1): 91-96 (2016).
- Nishimura K. et al., "Estradial facilitates functional integration of iPSC-derived dopaminergic neurons into striatal neuronal circuits via activation of integrin a5b1". Stem Cell Reports6 (4): 511-524 (2016).
- Matsuno K. et al., "Redefining definitive endoderm subtypes by robust induction of human induced pluripotent stem cells". Differentiation2016.04.002.
- Hayashi R. et al., "Co-ordinated ocular development from human iPS cells and recovery of corneal function". Nature531, 368-80 (2016),
- Sasaki K. et al., "Robust in vitro induction of human germ cell fate from pluripotent stem cells". Cell Stem Cell 17 (2):178-194 (2015).
- Okumura N. et al., "Laminin-511 and -521 enable efficient in vitro expansion of human corneal endothelial cells". Invest Ophthalmal Vis Sci.56 (5), 2933-42 (2015).
- Nakagawa M. et al., "A novel efficient feeder-free culture system for the derivation of human induced pluripotent stem cells". Scientific Reports 4: 3594 (2014).
- Miyazaki T. et al. "Laminin E8 fragments support efficient adhesion and expansion of dissociated human pluripotent stem cells." Nature Communications 3: 1236 (2012).
- Taniguchi Y. et al., "The C-terminal region of laminin β-chains modulates the integrin-binding affinities of laminins." J. Biol. Chem.284 (12): 7820-31 (2009).
- Ido H. et al., "The requirement of the glutamic acid residue at the third position from the carboxyl termini of the laminin gamma-chains in integrin-binding by laminins." J. Biol. Chem.282 (15): 11144-54 (2017).
- Liu L-P; Li Y-M; Guo N-N; LI S; Ma X; Zhang Y-X; Gao Y; Huang J-L; Zheng D-X; Wang L-Y; Xu H; Hui L; Zheng Y-W. Therapeutic Potential of Patient iPSC-Derived iMelanocytes in Autologous Transplantation. Cell Reports 27:455-466.e5 (2019).
- Harmanto Y; Maki T; Yakagi Y; Miyamoto S; Takahashi J. Xeno‐free culture for generation of forebrain oligodendrocyte precursor cells from human pluripotent stem cells. J Neuro Res 2019:1-18 (2019).
- Tsujimara T; Takase O; Yoshikawa M; Sano E; Hayashi M; Hoshi K; Takato T; Toyoda A; Okano H; Hishikawa K. Controlling gene activation by enhancers through a drug-inducible topological insulator. bioRxiv http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/534073 (2019).