iMatrix-221 Cardiac and Myoblast Cell Culture Substrate
NP892-061 / NP892-062
iMatrix-221 is a xeno-free, recombinant Laminin-221 E8 Fragment expressed in CHO-S cells. Laminins of the α2-isoform are commonly found in the basal lamina of striated muscle and the predominant form found in adult human heart tissue.
|Product name||Product code||Pack size||Price (USD)||Price (GBP)||Price (EUR)|
|iMatrix-221 Cardiac and Myoblast Cell Culture Substrate (175 μg × 6 tubes)||NP892-062||175 μg × 6 tubes||$ 1,708.00||£ 1,686.16||€ 1,969.44|
|iMatrix-221 Cardiac and Myoblast Cell Culture Substrate (175 μg × 2 tubes)||NP892-061||175 μg × 2 tubes||$ 684.00||£ 674.47||€ 787.78|
Note: prices shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
iMatrix-221's features make it an ideal matrix for some cell culture applications:
- Xeno-free formulation / CHO-S cell bioproduction
- Easy to use (liquid format)
- E8-fragments retain integrin binding specificity and capacity, and display higher potency than natural Laminin-221
iMatrix-221 is a highly purified and refined product of human recombinant laminin-221 (E8 fragment) expressed by CHO-S cells. Laminin-221 is found predominantly in the basal lamina of striated muscle tissues. Expression deficiencies are implicated in muscular dystophy and cardiomyopathies.1
Laminins of the α-2 type are also a predomiant form found in the human adult heart tissue.2 Cultivation of iPSC-drived cardiomyocytes on iMatrix-221 has been demonstrated to maintain strong contractility in attached monolayer culture.3
Matrixome company name and logo and iMatrix brand name are the property of Matrixome Corp., Japan.
Product Name: iMatrix-221 Cardiac and Myoblast Cell Culture Substrate
- NP892-061 — 2 × 175 µg
- NP892-062 — 6 × 175 µg
Molecular Weight: 150 kDa
Purity: > 95 % pure
Formulation: Purified Laminin-221 E8 proteolytic fragment
Storage and Stability: Store at 4 °C and protect from light exposure. Stable for 2 years from manufacturing date.
Quality Control: Activity: Kd for integrin binding
Notice To Purchaser: REPROCELL is a licensed distributor of Matrixome cell culture substrates to the global market.
Recommended Usage: iMatrix-221 is suitable for use as a substrate for culture of various myoblast cell types, but most notably for cardiomyocytes.
Concentration: 500 µg/mL
Source: CHO-S cell expression
Manufacturer: Matrixome Corporation (Japan)
Safety Data Sheets:
- Oliviero P. et.al., Expression of laminin α2 chain during normal and pathological growth of myocardium in rat and human. Cardiovascular Research 46, 346-355 (2000).
- Ja K.P. Myu Mia et.al., PSC-derived human cardiac progenitor cells improve ventricular remodeling via angiogenesis and interstitial networking of infarcted myocardium. J Cell Mol Med 20(2), 323-332 (2016).
- Unpublished, Osaka University (2018).
- Miyazaki T. et al. Laminin E8 fragments support efficient adhesion and expansion of dissociated human pluripotent stem cells. Nature Communications 3: 1236 (2012).
- Taniguchi Y. et al., The C-terminal region of laminin β-chains modulates the integrin-binding affinities of laminins. J. Biol. Chem.284 (12): 7820-31 (2009).
- Ido H. et al., The requirement of the glutamic acid residue at the third position from the carboxyl termini of the laminin gamma-chains in integrin-binding by laminins. J. Biol. Chem. 282 (15): 11144-54 (2017).