Purmorphamine is a Smoothened agonist that promotes the differentiation of human and murine mesenchymal pr ogenitor cells into osteoblasts.
- 2-(1-Naphthoxy)-6-(4-morpholinoanilino)- 9-cyclohexylpurine
|Product name||Product code||Pack size||Price (USD)||Price (GBP)||Price (EUR)|
|Stemolecule™ Purmorphamine||04-0009||5 mg||$ 121.00||£ 98.18||€ 115.84|
Note: prices shown do not include shipping and handling charges.
Purmorphamine is a small molecule that promotes the differentiation of human and murine mesenchymal progenitor cells into osteoblasts1,2. The mechanism of action study of Purmorphamine indicates that it is an agonist of Smoothened, a 7-transmembrane receptor of the hedgehog signaling pathway3,4. Purmorphamine can also be used to replace sonic hedgehog for the generation of motor neurons from human embryonic stem cells5.
Stemgent and the Stemolecule brand name are trademarks of REPROCELL Inc., Japan.
Product Name: Stemolecule Purmorphamine
Catalog Number: 04-0009
Size: 5 mg
Alternate Name(s): 2-(1-Naphthoxy)-6-(4-morpholinoanilino)- 9-cyclohexylpurine
Chemical Formula: C31H32N6O2
Molecular Weight: 520.6
CAS Number: 483367-10-8
Purity: Greater than 96 % by HPLC analysis
Formulation: Pale beige solid
Solubility: For a 10 mM concentrated stock solution of Purmorphamine, reconstitute the compound by adding 960.4 µL of DMSO to the entire contents of the vial. If precipitate is observed, warm the solution to 37 °C for 2 to 5 minutes. For use in cell culture, warm the medium just prior to adding the reconstituted compound. Once the compound is added, mix and filter-sterilize the medium using a 0.2 uM low-protein binding filter. Purmorphamine is soluble in DMSO at 50 mM.
Storage and Stability: Store powder at 4 °C protected from light. Information about the stability of Stemolecules in solution is largely not available. As a general guideline, we recommend that stock solution be freshly made and stored in aliquots at −20 °C, protected from light. The effect of storage of stock solutions should be verified for each application.
Quality Control: The purity of Purmorphamine was determined by HPLC analysis. The accurate mass was determined by mass spectrometry. No acute cytotoxicity was observed in mouse embryonic stem cells following a 6 hour exposure to 1 nM — 100 uM of Purmorphamine.
Safety Data Sheets:
- Wu, X., Ding, S., Ding, Q., Gray, N.S., and Shultz, P.G. A small molecule with osteogenesis-inducing activity in multipotent mesenchymal progenitor cells. J Am Chem Soc 124: 14520-14521 (2002).
- Beloti, M.M., Bellesini, L.S., and Rosa, A.L. Puromorphamine enhances osteogenic activity of human osteoblasts derived from bone marrow mesenchymal cells. Cell Biol Int 29: 537-541 (2005).
- Wu, X., Walker, J., Zhang, J., Ding, S., and Schultz, P.G. Purmorphamine induces osteogenesis by activation of the hedgehog signaling pathway. Chem Biol 11: 1229-1238 (2004).
- Sinha, S., and Chen, J.K. Purmorphamine activates the Hedgehog pathway by targeting Smoothened. Nat Chem Biol 2: 29-30 (2006).
- Li, X.J., Hu, B.Y., Jones, S.A., Zhang, Y.S., Lavaute, T., Du, Z.W., and Zhang, S.C. Directed differentiation of ventral spinal progenitors and motor neurons from human embryonic stem cells by small molecules. Stem Cells 26: 886-893 (2008).
- Ustyantseva E; Pavlova SV; Malakhova AA; Ustyantsev K; Zakian SM; Medvedev SP. Oxidative stress monitoring in iPSC-derived motor neurons using genetically encoded biosensors of H2O2. Sci Rep 12:8928 (2022).
- Li H; Jiang H; Li L; Yan Z; Feng J. Generation of human A9 dopaminergic pacemakers from induced pluripotent stem cells. Molec Phychiatry 44682:DOI: 10.1038/s41380-022-01628-1 (2022).
- Wang T; Liu H; Itoh K; Oh S; Zhao L ;Murata D; Sesaki H; Hartung T; Na CH; Wang J. C9orf72 regulates energy homeostasis by stabilizing mitochondrial complex I assembly. Cell Metabolism 33:531-546.e9 (2021).
- Seo BA; Kim D; Hwang H; Kim MS; Ma S-H; Kweon SH; Wang J; Yoo JM; Choi S; Kwon SH; Kange S-U; Kam T-I; Kim K; Karuppagounder SS; Kang BG; Lee S; Park H; Kim S; Yan W; Li YS; Kuo SH; Redding-Ochoa J; Pletnikova O; Troncosco JC; Lee G' Mao X; Dawson VL; Dawson TM; Ko HS. TRIP12 ubiquitination of glucocerebrosidase contributes to neurodegeneration in Parkinson’s disease. Neuron 23:3753-74.e11 (2021).
- Akhshi T. Non-Canonical Hedgehog Activity Initiates Ciliogenesis via LKB1-AMPK and Gαi-LGN-NuMA-Dynein Axes. Ph.D. Thesis, Univ of Toronto : (2020).
- Fernandes HJR; Patikas M; Foskolou S; Field SF; Park J-E; Myrne ML; Bassett AR; Metzakopian E. Single-Cell Transcriptomics of Parkinson’s Disease Human In Vitro Models Reveals Dopamine Neuron-Specific Stress Responses. Cell Reports 33:108263 (2020).
- von Troyer M. Establishment of an alginate based 3D culture system for the generation of dopaminergic neurons. Masters Thesis, Univ Innsbruck : (2020).
- Ahfeldt T; Ordureau A; Bell C; Sarrafha L; Sun C; Piccinotti S; Crass T; Parfitt GM; Paulo JA; Yanagawa J; Uozumi T; Kiyota Y; Harper JW' Rubin LL. Pathogenic Pathways in Early-Onset Autosomal Recessive Parkinson's Disease Discovered Using Isogenic Human Dopaminergic Neurons. Stem Cell Rep in press:doi.org/10.1016/j.scemcr.2019.12.005 (2020).
- Mahajani S; Raina A; Fokken C; Kügler S; Bähr M. Homogenous generation of dopaminergic neurons from multiple hiPSC lines by transient expression of transcription factors. Cell Death Disease 10:898 (2019).
- Gantner CWB. Investigating Brain Repair and Development Using Stem Cells. Ph. D. Thesis, University of Melbourne : (2019).
- Koutmani Y; Gampierakis IA; Polissidis A; Ximerakis M: Koutsoudaki PN; Polyzos A; Agrogiannis G; Karaliota S; Thomaidou D; Rubin LL; Politis PK; Karakis KP. CRH Promotes the Neurogenic Activity of Neural Stem Cells in the Adult Hippocampus. Stem Cell Rep 28:932-945.e7 (2019).
- van Rhijn, J-R. The role of FOXP2 in striatal circuitry. Ph.D. Thesis, Radboud University Nijmegen : (2019).
- Adkar SS; Wu C-L; WIllard VP; Dicks A; Ettyreddy A; Steward N; Bhutani N; Gersbach CA; Guilak F. Step‐Wise Chondrogenesis of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells and Purification Via a Reporter Allele Generated by CRISPR‐Cas9 Genome Editing. Stem Cells 37:65-76 (2019).
- Sun X; Song J; Huang H; Chen H; Qian K. Modeling hallmark pathology using motor neurons derived from the family and sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patient-specific iPS cells. Stem Cell Res Therapy 9:315 (2018).
- Chen Z;l Ren X; Xu X; Zhang Z; Hui Y; Liu Z; Shi L; Fang Y; Ma L; Liu T; Terheyden-Keighley D; Liu L; Zhang X. Genetic Engineering of Human Embryonic Stem Cells for Precise Cell Fate Tracing during Human Lineage Development. Stem Cell Rep in press:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stemcr.2018.09.014 (2018).
- Xia N; Zhang P; Fang F; Wang Z; Rothstein M; Agulo B; Chiang R; Taylor J; Reijo Pera RA. Transcriptional comparison of human induced and primary midbrain dopaminergic neurons. Scientific Reports6:20270. doi:10.1038/srep20270 (2016).
- Carballo-Molina OA; SÃ¡nchez-Navarro A; LÃ³pez-Ornelas A; Lara-Rodarte R; Salazar P; Campos-Romo A; Ramos-Meija V; Velasco I. Semaphorin 3C Released from a Biocompatible Hydrogel Guides and Promotes Axonal Growth of Rodent and Human Dopaminergic Neurons. Tissue Eng Part A 22:850-861 (2016).
- Titmarsh DM; Glass NR; Mills RJ; Hidalgo A; Volvetang EJ; Porrello ER; Hudson JE; Cooper-White JJ. Induction of human iPSC-derived cardiomyocyte proliferation revealed by combinatorial screening in high density microbioreactor arrays. Sci Rep 6:24637 (2016).
- Grow DA; Simmons DV; Gomez JA; Wanat MH; McCarrey JR; Paladini CA; Navara CS. Differentiation and characterizaton of dopaminergic neurons from baboon induced pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells Transl Med 5:1133-44 (2016).
- Zimmerlan L; Park TS; Huo JS; Verma K; Pather SR; Talbot CC; Agarwal J; Steppan D; Zhang YW; Considine M; Guo H; Zhong X; Gutierrez C; Cope L; Canto-Soler MV; Friedman AD; Baylin SB; Zambdis ET. Tankyrase inhibition promotes a stable human naive pluripotent state with improved functionality. Development 2016:dev.138982 (2016).
- Fonoudi H; Ansari H; Abbasalizadeh S; Laruani MR; Kiani S; Hashemizadeh S; Zarchi AS; Bosman A; Blue GM; Pahlavan S; Perry M; Orr Y; Mayorchak Y; Vandenberg J; Talkhabi M; Winlaw SD; Harvey RP; Aghdami N; Baharvand H. A universal and robust integrated platform for the scalable production of human cardiomyocytes from pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells Trans Med 4:1482 (2015).