SynFire is a brand name for iPSC-derived Neurons
SynFire neurons from Neucyte Labs are pure and ready-to-use iPSC-derived glutamatergic or GABAergic induced neurons (iNs) and astroglia. This platform most closely resembles real human neurobiology observed in primary cultures, providing the ability to effectively study the function of human neurons in vitro.
Advantages of SynFire iNs include:
• Real Human Biology — These cells more closely resemble real human biology than alternatives such as common animal models or other iPSC-based systems. SynFire iNs provide better suitability to predict responses to test agents.
• Rapid and Homogeneous Maturation — SynFire iNs develop mature synaptic network activity within 3-4 weeks. These iNs show synchronous bursting phenotypes similar to rodent primary cultures.
• Reliable, Robust, and Ready-to-Use Cultures — This differentiation approach results in a highly defined in vitro system with lot-to-lot consistency that provides reproducible results.
• Flexible Modular System — The user can control subtype seeding densities and ratios to customize cultures to specific projects. Custom kit configurations are available.
Applications of SynFire iNs include:
• In vitro neural disease modeling
• Neuronal cell-based assays
• Targeted phenotypic drug screening
• Neural subtype-specific biochemistry
• Target ID and validation in biologically relevant tissue
CNS Safety / Neurotoxicity
• Neural cytotoxicity (apoptosis, mitochondrial activity, etc.)
• Cell Stress tests
• Neural network physiology assessment (MEA)
• Seizurogenic potential testing
• Neurite outgrowth and morphology evaluation
• Mechanism of Action prediction by gene expression profiling
Product Selection Guide
|Cat. No.||Description||GABAergic Induced Neurons||Glutamatergic Induced Neurons||Astroglia||Media|
Synfire Induced Neuron Co-Culture Kit
SynFire GABAergic Induced Neuron Kit
SynFire Glutamatergic Induced Neuron Kit
SynFire Induced Neuron Media Kit