Latest Generation RNA Technology
REPROCELL is the exclusive provider of the Stemgent® StemRNA™ 3rd Gen reprogramming technology — the most rapid, robust, and clinically-relevant integration-free method on the market. REPROCELL offers custom iPSC production services to clients in industry and academia with over 15 years’ experience as leaders in stem cell research. The third generation RNA technology is faster, more stable and footprint-free, allowing REPROCELL to deliver iPSCs in around half the time of its competitors.
Five reasons to choose StemRNA 3rd Gen reprogramming
- No screening of iPSCs required
Non-viral, non-DNA, non-integrating cellular RNA reprogramming allows for the generation of clinically-relevant iPSC lines without the need to screen clones for vector retention (footprint-free) — this saves you time and money!
- Robust and consistent
A unique microRNA cocktail increases the overall efficiency and enables success for refractory or difficult-to-reprogram patient-derived samples across multiple different somatic cell types.
- Most-efficient and fastest reprogramming kinetics
High reprogramming efficiencies of between 1-4% of primary cells, depending on the cell type, with iPSCs ready to be expanded by day 10-14.
- High quality iPSCs
Our generated iPSCs are robust in culture, and display very low clone-to-clone variability with normal karyology. These easy-to-maintain reprogrammed cell lines can be used by anyone even with minimal cell culture experience, eliminating the need for high level stem cell expertise.
- Safe and clinically compatible
The non-modified RNAs of our StemRNA 3rd Gen technology are synthesized using a GMP-compatible manufacturing process. The reprogramming protocol and the iPSC maintenance medium (NutriStem® hPSC XF Medium) are chemically defined, xeno-free and serum-free. NutriStem is produced under cGMP compliance, with an FDA drug master file available. The iPSCs are cryopreserved in ReproCryo™ DMSO-free medium.
Which cells can be reprogrammed?
- Target cell type: Endothelial Progenitor Cells (EPCs)
- Sample submission: Fresh peripheral or cord blood or cryopreserved EPCs
- Target cell type: Adult dermal and neonatal Fibroblasts
- Sample submission: Fresh skin biopsy or cryopreserved fibroblast cell lines
- Target cell type: Urine-derived Progenitor Cells (UPCs)
- Sample submission: Fresh human urine or cryopreserved UPCs
How can I acquire the clinical material for reprogramming?
- Whether you are interested iPS cells from healthy individuals or disease-states, or both, REPROCELL can assist you in acquisition of fresh tissue suitable for reprogramming. Through our BioServe brand resource network, we can identify donors, and ethically collect fresh blood or urine from regional clinics that precisely meet your needs (some limitations apply).
- If you already have a frozen fibroblast cell line (or other fresh clinical material), it is likely that our labs can accommodate your sample.
- Consult with us if you have specific questions. Our projects are milestone-based and customized to meet your needs.
Reprogramming Data and Validation
Shown in the figures below are data from reprogramming experiments performed by our scientists on EPC and UDC–derived iPS cells. The figure on the left illustrate the speed and robustness of the process. In the figures on the right, stem cell marker expression and differentiation results validate the pluripotency of the cells made with StemRNA 3rd Gen reprogramming technology.