ReproHepato™: The world’s first commercial hiPSC-hepatocytes
Product Classification : hiPSC-HepatocytesResearch Theme : Drug Effect Test, Pharmacological Effectiveness Test, Safety Test, Toxicology test, Drug metabolism, Hepatitis
Constantly available human hepatocytes with robust enzymatic activity
- Robust CYP activity
- Expression of transporters (NTCP and OATP1B1, etc.)
- Longer retention of CYP activity
- Hepatotoxic response similar to primary hepatocytes
- CYP induction assay and hepatotoxicity assay services available in Japan
ReproCELL has launched ReproHepato™ – constantly available, high-quality, and fully-differentiated human hepatocytes derived from iPS cells that are commercialized for the first time in the world..
The cells provided are differentiated hepatocytes. After six days in culture using Maintenance Medium included in the kit, the cells are ready for CYP assay.*: The cells should be kept in liquid nitrogen.
High-purity CYP-positive hepatocytes from human iPS cells
ReproHepato™ cells have typical human hepatocyte-like morphology and characteristics.The expression of key hepatic
components such as CYP3A4, HNF4a, E-cadherin, and albumin in high percentages of ReproHepato™ cells is indicative of the high purity of these cells.
(Click to enlarge the pictures)
Bright field image
PAS staining showing glycogen storage
Immunostaining for E-cadherin (green)
FACS analysis of CYP3A4-positive cells
FACS analysis of albumin-positive cells
Robust CYP activity and induction capability (Assay service available in Japan)
CYP3A4 activity is modulated by typical inducers and inhibitors in a dose-dependent manner, as in the case of primary hepatocytes.
Activity and inducibility of other CYPs (1A2/2C9/2C19) is also observed at levels comparable to those of primary hepatocytes.
CYP2D6 activity is also observed in the upcoming version of ReproHepato, which is under development now.
ReproCELL offers a contract CYP assay service using in Japan ReproHepato. Please contact ReproCELL for the details of CYP assay service.
Small lot-to-lot variation; more consistent results
Compared to primary hepatocytes, ReproHepato? hepatocytes show less lot-to-lot variation in CYP activity and inducibility.
rifampicin-induced CYP3A4 activity measured by luminescence method
change of CYP3A4 activity(ratio of the values in the figure on the left)
Long life in culture
ReproHepato can be cultured for a long time in vitro while retaining hepatic functions. Contact ReproCELL for the preliminary results.
- Society for Biomolecular Sciences(SBS), 14th AnnualConference & Exhibition 2008 (St. Louis), poster session, April 2008.
- IBC Asia's 4th Annual Stem Cells Asia Congress (Singapore), oral session, June 2008.
- ELRIG and SBS Present: Drug Discovery (UK) poster session, September 2008.
- Advances in Stem Cell Discoveries (San Francisco) oral session, September 2008.
- Stem Cells: Drug Discovery and Therapeutics (London) oral session, February 2008.
- Society for Biomolecular Science 15th Annual Conference (France), poster session, Best Poster 2009 Award-winning, April 2009.
- Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Europe (UK), September 2009, Best Poster 2009 Award-winning.
- MipTec Conference 2009, October 13-15, Basel Invited Lecture.
- The 74th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society（Kyoto）, March 2010.
- The 130th The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan（Okayama）, March 2010.
- The Society of Toxicology (SOT) 51st Annual Meeting (CA, USA), poster session, March 2012.
- Safety Pharmacology Society (SPS), 13th annual meeting 2013 (Rotterdam, Netherlands), poster session, September 2013.
- Automated Patch-Clamp systems and Ion Channel Expressing Cells 2013 (Tokyo), Verbal presentation 2013 Nov.
- The 7th Takeda Science Foundation Symposium (Osaka), Poster presentation 2014 Jan.
- Inamura, Mitsuru and Yokoyama, Chikafumi. "Human iPS cell-derived hepatocytes for drug screening." Regenerative Medicine (2013)
- Scott, Clay W., Matthew F. Peters, and Yvonne P. Dragan. "Human induced pluripotent stem cells and their use in drug discovery for toxicity testing." Toxicology letters 219.1 (2013): 49-58.
- Inamura, Mitsuru and Yokoyama, Chikafumi. “Human iPS cell-derived hepatocytes for drug screening.” Regenerative Medicine (2013)
- Scott, Clay W., Matthew F. Peters, and Yvonne P. Dragan. “Human induced pluripotent stem cells and their use in drug discovery for toxicity testing.” Toxicology letters 219.1 (2013): 49-58.
|RCDH101||ReproHepato Culture Medium™||Ask|
|RCDH301||ReproHepato Assay Medium™||Ask|
Contents & storage condition
RCDH001N ReproHepato™: contents
- human iPS cell-derived heptocytes
8.25 x 106 cells (1 vial)
(frozen cells, for plating one whole 96-well plate)
ReproHepato Culture Medium™
- ReproHepato Culture Medium (80 mL)
- ReproHepato Culture Medium Supplement (400 μL)
ReproHepato Assay Medium™
- ReproHepato Assay Medium (30 mL)
- ReproHepato Assay Medium Supplement (300 μL)
The cells provided are differentiated hepatocytes. After six days in culture using Maintenance Medium included in the kit, the cells are ready for CYP assay.
|Storage condition||Cells: LN2
Use as soon as possible.
|Other reagents: -20 degC|