Atelocollagen, Honeycomb sponge
Product Classification : Atelocollagen for Cell Culture│KOKENResearch Theme : 3D culture, Cancer
Lyophilized atelocollagen sponge shows a honeycomb structure with high pore density and unidirectional characteristics. This honeycomb structure enables easy supply of nutrients to cells and excretion of waste products from cells.
- 3D cell culture
- Carrier for regenerative medicine research
- Directed luminal structure.
- Cells can be easily harvested by collagenase treatment.
“ Suppression of tumorigenesis from transplanted mouse ES cells by cultivation with Honeycomb sponge (CSH-10) .”
(M. Yamaki. Matsumoto dental university)
Mouse ES cells cultured on CSH-10 were transplanted by subcutaneous injection into 6-week-old mice. Although all embryoid bodies without CSH-10 (ES/-CSH) formed tumor without exception, every embryoid bodies with CSH-10 (ES/+CSH) did not form tumor (Fig.1).
Histological analysis of transplanted (ES/+CSH) and normal kidney showed no differences between the two tissues. This result indicates the normal differentiation is spontaneously achieved in vivo (Fig.2).
- Zaminy A, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells as an alternative for Schwann cells in rat spinal ord injury. (2013) Iran Biomed J. 17(3):113-122.
- Buser Z, et al. Inflammatory response of intervertebral disc cells is reduced by fibrin sealant scaffold in vitro. (2012) J Tissue Eng Regen Med. [Epub ahead of print]
- Guo Z, et al. Three-Dimensional Geometry of Honeycomb Collagen Promotes Higher Beating Rate of Myocardial Cells in Culture. (2012) Artif Organs. 36(9):816-819.
- Ishii I, et al. Correlation between antizyme 1 and differentiation of vascular smooth muscle cells cultured in honeycomb-like type-I collagen matrix. (2012) Amino Acids. 42(2-3):565-575.
- Suzuki T, et al. Growth inhibition and differentiation of cultured smooth muscle cells depend on cellular crossbridges across the tubular lumen of type I collagen matrix honeycombs. (2009) Microvasc Res. 77(2):143-149.
- (Japanese only) 八巻真理子 I型コラーゲンの人工細胞外マトリックスはマウス胚性幹細胞の腫瘍化能を抑制する。(2009) 日本再生医療学会雑誌 8(1):109-114.
- Fukushima K, et al. The axonal regeneration across a honeycomb collagen sponge applied to the transected spinal cord. (2008) J Med Dent Sci. 55(1):71-79.
- Imamura T, et al. Three-dimensional culture systems for differentiation of mice embryonic stem cells into hepatocyte-like cells. (2008) J Organ Dysfunct. 4(1):57-64.
- Kakudo N, et al. Bone tissue engineering using human adipose-derived stem cells and honeycomb collagen scaffold. (2008) J Biomed Mater Res A. 84(1):191-197.
- Saeki K, et al. Highly efficient and feeder-free production of subculturable vascular endothelial cells from primate embryonic stem cells. (2008) J Cell Physiol. 217(1):261-280.
- Takeuchi R, et al. Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound activates the phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase/Akt pathway and stimulates the growth of chondrocytes in three-dimensional cultures: a basic science study. (2008) Arthritis Res Ther. 10(4):R77.
- Hidetsugu T, et al. Mechanism of bone induction by KUSA/A1 cells using atelocollagen honeycomb scaffold. (2007) J Biomed Sci. 14(2):255-263.
- George J, et al. Differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into osteoblasts on honeycomb collagen scaffolds. (2006) Biotechnol Bioeng. 95(3):404-411.
- Imamura T, et al. Embryonic stem cell-derived embryoid bodies in three-dimensional culture system form hepatocyte-like cells in vitro and in vivo. (2004) Tissue Eng. 10(11-12):1716-1724.
- Itoh H, et al. A honeycomb collagen carrier for cell culture as a tissue engineering scaffold. (2001) Artif Organs. 25(3):213-217.
- Moriyama T, et al. Development of composite cultured oral mucosa utilizing collagen sponge matrix and contracted collagen gel: a preliminary study for clinical applications. (2001) Tissue Eng. 7(4):415-427.