ReproCELL Inc. was established in 2003 with the goal of contributing to people’s health and welfare through the development of stem cell technologies. Many of ReproCELL’s technologies were developed by stem cell pioneers, Prof. Norio Nakatsuji from the Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Kyoto University, and Prof. Hiromitsu Nakauchi from The Institute of Medical Sciences, The University of Tokyo.
ReproCELL develops diverse products, with an underlying theme that focuses on stem cell technology, to address the needs of researchers and clinicians. This product range encompasses reagents for ES/iPS cells and stem cell-derived functional cells.
- Research reagents for human ES/iPS culture
- Human iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes (launched in April 2009, World’s first commercial product)
- Human iPSC-derived neurons (launched in October 2010, World’s first commercial product)
- Human iPSC-derived hepatocytes
- Primary cells for diabetes research
- Disease model cell generation using human iPS cell technologies